1. Can foreign nationals buy realestate in Croatia?
– Foreign nationals from the country of the European Union can buy property in Croatia without restrictions, except for agricultural land. Citizens of other countries can buy real estate in Croatia only with the approval of the Ministry of Justice and only those with whom the Republic of Croatia has signed a reciprocity contract. Foreign citizens who have a company established in Croatia can buy real estate in Croatia, on behalf of the company, without restrictions.
2. How much is the tax on real estate in Croatia and who pays for it?
– Real estate transfer tax in Croatia amounts to 3% of the purchase price and the buyer is obliged to pay it.
3. When am I exempt from paying real estate transfer tax?
– If you buy real estate from a legal entity that is liable for value added tax (VAT) and VAT has been charged on the real estate (on building and land), there is no tax obligation for the buyer.
4. How can I get a berth mooring?
– If you have any questions about how to get a berth for a boat, you can find all the necessary information on the website of the Port Authority Županijska lučka uprava – Zadar here. The link is only available in Croatian. Please open in Google Translate.
5. Why do we distinguish flats and apartments in our real estate listings?
– The fact that we separately cite flats and apartments on our website should not confuse you; on the contrary, we do it to make it easier for you to search for real estates. Of course, both are actually the same kind of real estate, but so that our customers get a better overview in our wide range of listings we made the distinguishing. Flats are real estate in the city that is mainly intended for permanent living and apartments are located in the surrounded smaller places or villages outside the city generally used as holiday properties.
6. What needs to be checked regarding the real estate?
– There are two things that have to be clear, firstly, the ownership of the property, and then, if it is a built property, the legality of the building. Since properties have been very easily legalized in recent years, legalization decisions and certificates of occupancy are very accessible. For land that we include in our offer, we always try to obtain the document Location information, from the owner before we advertise it. This is a document that can be obtained from the Office of Spatial Planning and Construction and which already shows in which zone the property is located, what is its use, which spatial plans relate to the property and where the plans can be inspected!
7. In what currency is it possible to pay for real estate in Croatia? Can I pay for the property in EUR or some other foreign currency?
– In order to adapt to foreign buyers, you will often come across prices expressed in euros (EUR) in advertisements, but according to Croatian law, the payment of the purchase price to the seller must be made in Croatian kuna (HRK). For this reason, sales contracts in Croatia that have a price expressed in EUR within the Contract, must have an article stating that according to Croatian law, this amount in EUR should be paid to the seller in the Croatian kuna (HRK) equivalent at the middle exchange rate of the CNB (the Croatian National Bank) on the day of disbursement. This applies to both individuals and companies.
8. Can you help us with additional services related to the purchase, construction, renovation or furnishing of real estate?
– Of course! It is important to have a reliable partner when buying a property, and thereafter it is a great relief to have one with all the following steps. Have you bought the property you were looking for? Would you like to insure it? Furnish it? We have great offers for you! Would you like to build your dream property? We can assist you with everything from planning to construction! And much more! Within this catalog, we would like to present you with our complete range of services which we can offer in cooperation with our business partners. If the service you are looking for is not explicitly listed in this catalog, please feel free to contact us with your request.